Veeno cares about your privacy. When using your personal data we promise:
- We will take proper care of your data and will treat it like our own.
- We will only use your data to deliver and improve the Veeno experience.
- We will not send you spam. Only you decide what and how you hear from us.
- We won’t keep your data longer than we need it.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. If you have any questions about how we look after your privacy, email us at email@example.com
Legal basis for processing your data
Where we process your data Veeno is the Data Controller while you are the Data Subject. As the Data Controller we rely on the following legal bases to process your data:
Performance of a contract
- The use of your data is necessary to perform the agreement you have with us. For example to accept an order, collect payment, ship your wine and deal with after sales service such as returns, refunds and exchanges.
- We may use your data for our legitimate interests. For example to improve the products and service we offer, to update and adapt our website and to use your data for fraud protection or legal purposes.
How we use your data
We use your personal data to deliver our service to you in different ways. You don’t have to share any of this data with us but if you don’t, you may not be able to use our website or buy wine from us and you may not receive our best possible service.
Your Name and Contact Details, we use this data to:
- Deliver your order. We need to use this data to perform our contract with you.
- Send you messages, by email or SMS about your order. We need to use this data to perform our contract with you.
- Send you information by email, SMS or post about our products, offers, services and promotions. We do this to keep you informed so you get the best possible experience. We only do this with your permission. You can withdraw or amend permission at any time by visiting your account on our website or by giving us a call.
- Prevent and detect fraud. We do this to protect both you and Veeno.
Your Payment Information, we use this data to:
- Take payments and give refunds. We need to use this data to perform our contract with you.
- Prevent and detect fraud. We do this to protect both you and Veeno.
Order History, Favourites, Preferences we use this data to:
- Provide relevant products, services and promotions. We do this to ensure we are giving you what you want.
How and when you use our website, the pages you visit and interactions you make, your ip address and device type, we use this data to:
- Analyse and optimise the way our website works. We do this to offer you the best possible experience.
- Detect, prevent and investigate any attempt to hack our website or systems. We do this to protect both you and Veeno.
If and when an e-mail is delivered to you, if it is opened and if any links in the email are clicked, we use this data to:
- Analyse, optimise and improve our email campaigns. We do this to provide you with relevant products, services and promotions.
We also take personal data and remove anything that connects it to you – this is called “anonymisation”. We then use this alongside other anonymous data in order to undertake analysis and research to improve the products and services we offer. To do this we share this anonymous data with third parties. These third parties will not see any personal data about you at all.
Keeping your data
We will not keep your data for longer than we need it. We do need to keep your data in the following circumstances:
- While your account with us remains open, or
- As long as it is needed to provide services to you such as returns or refunds, or
- Where it may be required to meet legal obligations, resolve disputes and to detect and prevent fraud.
Sharing your data
We will not sell any of your data to any other party.
We may share your personal data with other organisations or companies. We will only share this data so that we can perform our contract with you or to optimise, improve or personalise the products and services we offer.
The types of organisation or companies we share your data with are:
- Companies that deliver your wine to you.
- Companies that enable us to complete your order such as credit card companies, banks and payment providers.
- Fraud prevention companies.
- Where the law requires, the police or other law enforcement agencies.
- Specialist companies that host our website and systems or help us with our marketing.
We also share data that we anonymise, to make sure it does not identify you, with third parties to undertake analysis and research to help us improve the products and services we offer.
Using your data for marketing
We will only send you marketing messages by email if you have agreed to receive them.
Veeno undertakes various types of online advertising. Some of this advertising may be based on information we have about you and your use of Veeno. We do this with using a variety of techniques such as tracking pixels, tags and cookies.
The actual adverts and the content you see may be based upon data we hold about you. We do this to ensure we are offering you the most appropriate products and services.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may change our privacy notice from time to time. When we do change this notice we will update this page to reflect the changes.
Where we make significant changes to the notice we will inform you via email. You can then review the changes and decide whether or not you wish to continue using Veeno.
Cookies are little files put on your device to make visits quicker, easier and more relevant. Some cookies are essential for websites to work and others remember things about you to give you a better, more enjoyable experience online.
|We use Google Analytics to understand how visitors use our website||Expiry ranges from 1 day to persistent|
|Analytical/ performance||ajs_anonymous_id||To identify the number of visitors on the site||1 year|
|Analytical/ performance||r/collect||To monitor visitors’ devices and behaviour on our site via Google Analytics||Expiry|
|Analytical/ performance||google-analytics.com||Collect||To monitor visitors’ devices and behaviour on our site via Google Analytics||Session|
|_gcl_au||To monitor ad performance||3 months|
|Targeting||google.com||ads/ga-audiences||For ad targeting||Session|
|Targeting||_fbp||Used by Facebook for ad targeting||1 day|
|Targeting||ajs_group_id||To assign specific visitors in to segments, based on visitor behaviour on the website||1 year|
|Targeting||ajs_user_id||To collect data on the visitor’s behaviour and then assign them to a segment||3 months|
|Targeting||facebook.com||fr||Used by Facebook for ad targeting||Session|
|Targeting||facebook.com||tr||Used by Facebook for ad targeting||Session|
|Functionality||twitter.com||i/adsct||Used by Twitter to share content||9 months|
|Functionality||Mailchimp||Controls the pop up newsletter subscribe form||1 day|
|Strictly necessary||bigcommerce_cart_id||To link the website to the cart||1 day|
|Strictly necessary||Shopify_ cart_item_c ount||To keep track of how many items are in the users cart||Session|
|Checks if cookies are enabled to provide appropriate user experience||Session|
|Strictly necessary||shopify_log_in||Checks whether or not the current visitor is logged in||Session|
|Strictly necessary||shopify||Sets various settings for logged in users||1 year|